Chicken Salad Chick has an Unbeatable Culture and Reputation

Woman enjoying a meal at Chicken Salad Chick

Stacy Brown and her husband Kevin Brown founded Chicken Salad Chick in 2008 in Auburn, AL. The business idea came out of her love for making and serving chicken salad, a recipe that was passed down from her grandmother. Four years after opening the doors of Chicken Salad Chick, Stacy and Kevin began franchising, creating a legacy that has lasted decades. Today, Chicken Salad Chick has a unique reputation and culture, making it an unbeatable franchise, with over 230 locations in 18 states—and more on the way.

Family Values

The origins of Chicken Salad Chick stem from the heart of family values. When Stacy first opened the business and shared her cuisine with friends, she knew she loved the feeling of bringing people into a place that felt like home and being part of a close community that truly cared about one another. As the original Chicken Salad Chick, Stacy said, “Southern cooks will tell you that every recipe has a story to go with it. This is mine.”

Part of the Chicken Salad Chick mission is to “spread joy” and “enrich lives," ideas that were set with an intentional, actionable purpose. Customers at Chicken Salad Chick receive a warm welcome from staff members who treat them like family. In the same way, we offer support to franchise partners in all areas of business, giving guidance on operations, marketing, management, and more. These efforts continue to be spearheaded by Chicken Salad Chick CEO Scott Deviney, whose guidance continues to position the brand as a home away from home for all. This focus has brought continued loyalty and made a resounding connection with customers, employees, and franchise partners.

A Community-Focused Mindset

Every brand has a legacy, and ours is one of community, family, and a long-lasting commitment to serving the people around us. The Chicken Salad Chick mission includes the pointed intention to “serve others," and that’s exactly what the business has done. We’re proud to have created “the Giving Card” initiative, which allows customers to take part in donating to their local communities alongside our restaurant partners. QSR explained that the card can be purchased for $5 and used to redeem rewards valued at $60 throughout the year at any Chicken Salad Chick location.

Beginning in 2021, our company has donated $315,000 to food banks in Chicken Salad Chick markets restaurant-wide across the country, and we’re proud to have recently presented CURE Childhood Cancer with over $100,000 in support of their research efforts. Our franchise partners share the same values of helping others, and due to their efforts, business has never been better.

Reputation on Quality and Uniqueness

Chicken Salad Chick has a distinct competitive advantage in the industry as the only restaurant concept specializing in chicken salad. Our chicken salad is made from scratch in-house every day, and today, customer loyalty is at an all-time high. In 2023, The Food Institute reported that Chicken Salad Chick earned a 4.4 TPS score, one of the highest in the industry based on the number of positive customer reviews. These loyalty and referral ratings demonstrate the effectiveness of a business-wide mindset to “spread joy” in a one-of-a-kind dining experience.

These unique differentiators have led to phenomenal business growth and success for entrepreneurs-turned-franchisees. Approximately 70% of Chicken Salad Chick locations are franchised, with the remaining 30% being company-owned.

With an AUV of 1.29 million, we’re proud of our commitments to product quality that pave a tried-and-true path for franchise partners. Our culture of family values and community outreach set us apart, along with a unique focus on chicken salad that allows us to stand alone in our industry. As we continue to expand into the Southeast, Midwest, West, Southwest, and beyond, franchise partners can be confident that the support they receive from Chicken Salad Chick will always be quality, effective, and consist

If you’re an entrepreneur considering franchising, learn more about opportunities with Chicken Salad Chick today.